After a very complicated year, we are back with enthusiasm to the Cross Training competitions. These types of events are a unique opportunity for those athletes who want to test their abilities and take advantage to take a few days in another city surrounded by sport. We expect two high level competitions where we can enjoy the best of Cross Training. Both competitions will be sponsored by Velites.
Malaga Throwdown 2021
The competition is open to everyone, so if you live in another country, you can also be part of Málaga Throwdown 2021.
Like all events of this style, it will have two phases:
Online phase — Classification
This phase will be done online and the dates foreseen for this phase are from July 1st to 18th. To participate, the athlete has to perform 4 WODs.
It is essential to record WODs very well for these competitions. Use all the accessories you need so that the judges can see your record correctly during the WODs.
On-site phase — Finals
Those who qualify will move on to the on-site phase that will be held on September 24, 25 and 26.
Due to the COVID-19 situation, both the timetable and the scheduled performances may be subject to change.
Categories for the Málaga Throwdown 2021
The categories accepted for the competition and their respective requirements are:
Elite for men and women
Twenty athletes between 18 and 34 years of age are allowed. In the case of women, ranking from 1 to 20.
Rx for men and women
Thirty male and 30 female athletes are allowed with a classification from 21 to 50, with an age between 18 and 34 years old.
Male and female climbing
There will be 30 male athletes and 30 female athletes among the best classified. Those over 18 years of age who do not meet the requirements to be in any of the other categories will be allowed to participate.
Master 35+ male and female
Twenty men and 20 women will participate among the best classified. The age of this category is from 35 to 39 years old. Those born up to September 23, 1986, will be accepted.
Master 40+ male and female
Category for 10 men and 10 women among the best classified between 40 and 44 years old. Those born until September 23, 1981, are allowed.
Master 45+ male and female
There will be 10 male and 10 female athletes among the top ranked athletes over 45 years old. They must have been born before September 23, 1976.
Master 50+ men and women
10 males and 10 females among the top finishers over 50 years of age. They must have been born before September 23, 1971.
The minimum requirements to participate in each category can be found on the official website.
Madrid CrossFit Championship — C.R. Edition
One of the most anticipated competitions throughout the year. And although it is always in Madrid, this year it will be held in Ciudad Real in order to take care of all the people and have a better organization by the COVID-19.
The phases will be as follows:
Online phase — Qualifiers
They will begin on June 14 and will last until July 4.
The qualification phase has three different tracks:
- By traditional online qualifier: here you can do it individually (Elite or Master) or by teams (Elite).
- By teams: this is the classification for the rest of the teams (Rx, Intermediate, Climbing, and Masters).
- By invitation: to receive an invitation you have to be a 2021 Open Top 10, European Top 60 or CrossFit Games Individual Athlete of the year 2019 and 2020.
Face-to-face phase — Competition
The date of the event will be October 15 to 17 in Ciudad Real.
Categories for the Madrid CrossFit Championship
The categories are divided into individual and team categories.
Categories individual competition
- Elite men and women
- Master 35+ male and female
Competition categories teams
- Elite Teams of 4 (MMFF)
- RX Teams of 4 (MMMF)
- Intermediate Teams of 4 (MMMF)
- Scaled Teams of 4 (MMMF)
- Masters Teams of 4 (MMMF)
Team Category Requirements
For the team categories, the following requirements apply:
- Master: 4 athletes over 35 years old who can do all CrossFit movements at least in the RX category during 2020.
- RX: category for the most experienced athletes where they face surprising workouts. They must have an excellent fitness level.
- Intermediate: team of athletes with some experience and basic mastery of gymnastics, powerlifting and weightlifting movements. It is essential that some or all of them have been able to do the Open Workouts of RX categories.
- Scaled: teams with little or no experience who have some mastery of the movements. They may have done the Open Workouts in RX or Scaled.
For more information on the requirements, you can visit the official website.
Velites will be one of the sponsors of the Madrid CrossFit Championship 2021.