Article Selection for CrossFit Beginners
If you are thinking about starting CrossFit, we are sure you already have an idea of what CrossFit is and what to expect from it. You have probably heard it’s a tough sport, where athletes are ripped and do amazing movements. You might have even visited a box and have seen it with your own eyes. If that’s the case, you surely have been told that CrossFit is a progressive training sport, where a CrossFit beginner will face the challenges that are within their reach.
Same as a beginner cyclist can’t go for 200km on his first day, a CrossFit beginner can’t start doing the same exercises as an experienced crossfiter either. That’s a great thing, because as you progress, you will improve and you’ll realize you want more.
When people start doing CrossFit, they are generally a bit lost too. They don’t know the vocabulary, how to do the movements, how a box works or how to interpret a WOD. Motivation in CrossFit is key from the very beginning.
Collecting all the information needed to acquire the necessary knowledge to understand the CrossFit language would be a good place to start.
Since we have published tons of articles about Crossfit for beginners on the Velites blog, we thought it would be a good idea, since you are starting too, to offer you a compendium.
Our goal is to share the benefits of practicing this sport and particularly to not let your motivation wane just because you get confused by some concepts (exercises names, work tools, etc.) which are key when you are starting and want to get through your first days at the box.
If you are driven to start practicing our favorite sport, we are sure these articles will show you why people get hooked by it.
Here is our selection of Velites posts and infographics that will help you achieve your goals faster:
- CrossFit for beginners. Keys to starting with high motivation + PDF Infographic: Includes a downloadable PDF with workouts for beginners that will definitely help you.
- 8 reasons to start doing CrossFit in 2017
- Functional Training for Beginners
- Can CrossFit workouts change your life in 2 months? Yes, it can
- Beginners Guide to Buying a Crossfit Skipping Rope
- Choose your skipping rope for CrossFit and fitness. Simple jumps, double unders or even triple unders are exercises you will have to perform. That’s why there is nothing better than knowing how to choose your rope and learning some jump rope workouts.
- How to adjust your jump rope for double unders.
- 7 exercises to get more speed while rope jumping.
- 3 steps to mastering double unders + PDF Infographic and this other one with some more advices.