Jumping rope workouts
Jumping rope is one of the best cardiovascular exercises you can do. If you combine that with the possibility of doing it anywhere you want, and with how low cost starting to practice double unders is, I have no clue why you haven’t started yet.
On the Velites blog we are committed to you getting the best results, combining the technical part with quality products. That’s why besides our VRopes we offer you all the information we can to help you be a better athlete whether you practice CrossFit, fitness or any other sport.
If you are ready to try jumping rope, we recommend you start with simple jumps, so you can master the technique first and then attack double unders, or, if you want to go crazy, triple unders. If you start, you won’t be able to stop jumping; that’s for sure.
Some of the benefits of jumping rope you should know are:
- It’s a great cardiovascular exercise that will let you gain strength, stamina and speed.
- Jump rope improves your coordination and makes you move every muscle in your body. (First day soreness will be proof of this)
- Jumping rope helps you lose weight.
- It reduces stress.
- It improves your breathing and your lung capacity.
- It’s a cheap sport.
We’ve already seen that jumping rope is one of the cheapest and most beneficial sports for your health. Not many sports have so many benefits and satisfaction with such little investment.
Compared to others like skiing or cycling, skipping rope is a real bargain.
We’ve also made a selection of some posts from the Velites blog that will help you improve your technique so you can be the envy of your box.
As you know, jumping rope is key in CrossFit. Doing double unders correctly will help you gain speed and endurance. You surely will improve fast if you practice every week.
The jumping rope articles we’ve chosen for you are:
- Step by Step Guide to Choose the Best Jump Rope for You
- 10 functional workouts for skipping rope + PDF infographic
- 7 exercises to get more speed while rope jumping.
- 3 steps to mastering double unders + PDF infographic and this other one with some more advices.
- 30 day double under challenge + PDF infographic
- Burn your Cheat Meal with Double Unders + PDF infographic